One of my favorite breakfast foods is French toast. It’s so simple to make and easy to dress up. And it’s even more delicious when you’re having it for dinner, right?
French Toast with Toasted Pecans, Banana, and Strawberries
Serves: 2-3 people
1/4 cup chopped pecans
5 strawberries, sliced
1 banana, sliced
1/4 cup milk (almond milk or other alternatives will work here too)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg (or eyeball how much you want if you’re grating it yourself)
1 tsp vanilla
6 pieces whole wheat bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecans onto cookie sheet, place in the oven. Set a timer for 4 minutes and make sure to stir the pecans around every 2 minutes.
2. Mix together egg, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla into a flat dish or wide bowl. Set aside.
3. Take out pecans from oven.
4. Heat up a skillet on medium heat.
5. Dip both sides of bread into the egg mixture and cook in skillet until brown on both sides.
6. Once you’ve finished all six pieces, put your syrup in a microwave-safe container and heat for 15 seconds.
7. Top your toast with toasted pecans, banana, strawberries, drizzle on the syrup and enjoy!
Now that’s how breakfast for dinner is done.