It has been so windy here today! I hate wind. It gives me quite a headache and makes my eyes burn. And it creeps me out– I can hear it whistling through the door.
Anyway, I wanted to share with you a delicious and simple dinner my boyfriend and I made tonight: flatbread pizzas.
It’s great for those nights where you want to whip up something quick and delicious:)
And it took about 10 minutes total to put together and cook.
Hassle-Free Flatbread Pizzas
1 package flatbread ( I bought Middle East flatbread from Trader Joe’s)
1 can marinara sauce or tomato sauce
1 cup mozzarella
Spices: oregano, basil, parsley ( I used dried spices- about a teaspoon of each)
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Take a medium sauce pot and put it over medium-high heat. Pour can of sauce into pot. Stirring frequently, add spices. Stir until heated thoroughly.
2. Take two flatbreads and lay them out on a cookie sheet.
3. Spread on sauce using a spoon (I used a wooden one). I used about 5 tablespoons, but you can put on as little or as much as you want (just watch out– too much might spill over).
4. Add cheese. Again, as little or as much as you want.
5. Place on middle rack in the oven– for about 5 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
It was very light and filling! We also had a side of grilled romaine hearts.
I admit, I wasn’t a fan of the vinegar we used– the recipe calls for red wine vinegar, but we used balsamic . I really didn’t enjoy the taste. We decided using a stronger Parmesan and the red wine vinegar would make it taste better.
I decided the romaine hearts would be delicious with some chicken or tuna salad.
I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday night! My middle sister came into town for the weekend, so we’ve been having a great time catching up and watching Top Gear with my boyfriend.
Stay tuned because tomorrow I will be sharing the recipe for this amazing chopped apple mixture– a perfect snack for sweet cravings!
And maybe I’ll actually have some pictures….
Have a great weekend!