Happy Tuesday everyone!
The plate is one of my Christmas season plates, so you can tell I was feeling a bit festive (and it was one of the plates not in the dishwasher).
If only I’d had some eggnog, then it would have been a delicious and festive breakfast! Right after Christmas I stocked up on at least 3 or 4 giant cans of pumpkin. 🙂
Anyway, on to the recipe! It’s my mom’s pancake recipe, with a few sweet additions.
Pumpkin Choco Chip Pancakes
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 tablespoon miniature chocolate chips
1. Preheat a skillet on medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together egg,milk, oil,vanilla, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix until moistened.
5. Add the chocolate chips. Mix well.
6. Pour into skillet. To make the Mickey Mouse shapes, pour pancake batter into three circles.
7. When bubbles appear, flip the pancake over. Pancakes are done when both sides are brown and the pancake is firm but still soft.