Hi everyone! I haven’t made this recipe in what feels like forever- but believe me, this will leave no leftovers. Sorry. It’s that good.
I made this on a whim, following a basic quiche recipe from Mark Bittman’s “How to Cook Everything.” The original recipe called for 6 eggs- but I was always left with way too much leftover, and I hated wasting them.
Anyway, here’s the recipe!
Cheese, Corn and Green Chile Quiche
1 frozen pie crust (I used Philsbury)
1 1/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1 can green chiles (depending on how much you want)
1 can corn
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. Follow the directions for thawing and baking the pie crust according to the type of pie crust you are using.
2. Whisk together eggs and milk in a large bowl.
3. Add in green chiles, corn and cheese.
4. Add in black pepper and salt.
5. Pour into pie crust (do not overfill). Place pie crust on cookie sheet (to prevent spilling) and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. When cheese is browned and egg is set (give it a jiggle- if it wiggles, then it’s not done), take out of the oven and let it sit five minutes before slicing, similar to a pie.
What are some of your favorite quiche add-ins?