I love quick and easy recipes (meaning, at least 30 minutes or less) and that are full of flavor. Wondering what a galette is? It’s really nothing to be intimidated by- it’s basically a pie, without the pan.
Both of the recipes below are easy to make. If you don’t like the vegetables or fruits, try with your favorites! Peaches, pears, even blueberries would be great for a sweeter galette, while carrots or zucchini might be a good combo for a more savory one. What would be your favorite combo(s)?
Quick and Easy Asparagus and Yellow Squash Galette
2 tbsp olive oil
5 stalks asparagus, washed and chopped into 2 inch pieces
2 yellow squash, wash and chopped
1 boxed pie crust, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add 2 tbsp oil to medium skillet, heated over medium heat. Add asparagus and yellow squash. Season with salt and
pepper, to taste. Cook about 5-6 minutes.
3. Following pie crust instructions, thaw pie dough and roll out onto a cookie sheet or pizza pan (I used a pizza stone).
4. Add asparagus and yellow squash to middle of pie crust. Fold up sides of dough.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Since the boxed crust I use came with 2 pie crusts, I decided to use the second one to make an apple galette as well.
1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced thinly (use your favorite- mine are Pink Ladies)
1 pie crust, rolled out
1. Slice apples thinly. Lay out in the middle of the crust.
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, to taste. I used about a tablespoon of each.
3. Fold up sides of pie crust.
4. Sprinkle white sugar over top of galette.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.*
*Enjoy with vanilla ice cream. I didn’t have any so I topped it with whipped cream.